Monday, April 20, 2009

Strange Food



Actually, I have never eaten strange food because I didn't use to taste the strange food until I know what it includes. Whatever, I remember one time that I tried to eat spicy food. There was one time that I asked my Indonesian server to make delicious Indonesian meal. She asked me for buying some Asian spices from Indonesian Grocery. Because she wants to cook traditional Indonesian meal that called" Gado-gado." After I got the required spices, she said if I want more spices or little. I said without hesitation "yes I want more than you usually do." Than when she finished cooking, I tasted it. The first tasting was good and but the end of tasting I felt like my mouth is burning. Actually, that was only my first attempt to eat something different then I have usually eaten.

2 comments:

Anna said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anna said...

Eating something spicy can be pretty painful! Now that I eat more Indian and Korean food I find that my threshold for spicy things is going, but I still am not able to eat like an Indian. Actually, I'm afraid of getting to the place of eating such spicy food...doesn't that amount of spice kill off taste buds?